Friday, January 04, 2008

 

2008!

So, it's that time of year again when everyone has a hard time writing in the correct year when they write the date. Last January, I made a prediction of the things that would take place in 2007 (see link above). I was grossly incorrect.

1. I did not go to Atlanta, and planned not to once I got to know Rebecca well...

2. I am MORE involved in my community, but I'd still like to be more involved.

3. I lived with the Huesteds for 6 months. So I was half-right

4. I also gained internet when I moved in with my new roommate, Rebecca

5. The translation degree is a shadow of a memory now.

6. Most of my friends came to see me in 2007!

7. I still love people in faraway places, but i most definitely love more the one that lives in my home.

8. Lost: still addicted. Class: Gradually faded out. Lattes: still making 'em

9. Debt: I married into more of it :) ...and then we bought a house!

10. 2007 was my new best year. And I think 2008 is going to have to show some real gumption to be able to compete. 2003 was memorable in quantity and 2006 was good, but 2007 was the year of Rebecca. And that's hard to beat.

I'll make some 2008 predictions later...if I can think of any.


Comments:
2007...
The Year of Rebecca...
I like it.
Glad to see, that you have your priorities in order, my brother. She is special, that one, and you as well...but also, more, to have her. It is so clear, when God puts us together; and you are right, my friend, that our plans are put aside, (well intended as they may be),
when God is in control...this, you know.
Peace and love,
from the Byrds Nest.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?