Friday, January 19, 2007

 

2007!

We are a solid two-thirds of the way through the first month of 2007, but I thought I would answer the question I have been asking everyone else.

It's 2007, a new year. What do you think 2007 holds in store?

The answers give a lot away about people. Some people want to talk about politics and the war, some talk about personal events, some talk about emotional occurrences. Feel free to let me know what you think 2007 holds in store via comment or blog.

For me: I hope to intern in Atlanta this summer with my good friend Derik. I hope to be more involved in my community here in Louisville. This will be a year of living with the Huested family, which I am already enjoying immensely. It will be a year with no internet at home, so that i will have to find other ways to entertain myself and I will be forced to leave the house more. I am looking into this translation degree that I mentioned before and I hope that I have opportunity to work on that. I don't foresee being able to visit as many friends as I was able to see in 2006. I intend to live more where I am, even though I love people in other faraway places. I foresee LOST continuing to be a source of discussion and addiciton. It will be a year of a large focus on school and classes and another of making lattes. I hope it's a year of paying off debt. I have always felt that every new year is the best year. I always love where I'm living (well...after some middle school problems...everything looks better in comparison to middle school...which really wasn't as bad as I thought it was). So, I do foresee 2007 being a new best year (although I think 2003 and 2006 get awards for memorability).

Comments:
So, this could be a long comment. Just a forewarning. heh.

This year:
I'll write more songs, and learn to play bass guitar.
I'll take more risks, and operate more out of hope than out of fear.
I'll enjoy people more and give trust a fighting chance, instead of always, in the back of my mind, expecting the worst.
Since Christmas my heart has begun a journey into joy, being content to simply be still and wait on God, and I know that will continue.
I'm hoping to pay off my car, and save around $2000 by the end of the year, so that next summer I can take a random trip to Scotland/Ireland/Wales for 2 weeks, or maybe 3.
Or, I may take that $2000 and 2 weeks and go to Romania and volunteer in an orphanage.
I want to go somewhere out of the country, and I'll be saving up for it this year. Scotland/Ireland/Wales: for the history and the haggis, Romania: for the orphans and the abandoned children.. I'll have a bit of trouble deciding. I want to be in the place where I came from, but the broken children break my heart, and I want to go there.
I want to work in a coffee shop, and I want to learn how to cook chickens without setting off the smoke alarm. So I might take some cooking classes.
I'll take some ballroom dancing classes, and also I'll start running again. I want to be up to 3 miles a run by the end of the summer.
I'll get better at jazz piano.
I'll pick up my colored pencils and drawing pad and quit stalling on the creativity because of being afraid of not being that great.
I'll write more, instead of being afraid to see, or let someone else see, my heart on paper.
I'll answer questions directly, and stop being evasive when people ask questions of me that are deeper than slightly below surface level. I never lie, I just redirect, so that I'm safe from prying eyes that may find something they dislike.
I'll stick to my guns, and keep reminding myself that I am the way I am because God had it in His heart to make me as such from before my mother's womb, and that I am a beautiful creation, loved by the Father and covered in the precious blood of the Son.
I'll learn more of what it means to live in the shadow of the cross.
I'll learn more of what it means to wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, and to find refuge and shelter in the shadow of His wings.
I'll take a photography class/course of some kind.
And by His grace, He'll teach me to love more, and better, and with intent and passion.

Long, no? heh. I get long winded, generally, when I write. But it was fun to think about, and it's been nagging at me since you asked yesterday. So then.
Oh, and I'm completely enthralled with Taylor, the Latte Boy. You have an amazing taste in music, my friend.. aside from Bing Crosby, or John Denver and the Muppets.. ahem. Yes. Indeed. Anyway. :) I believe I'm out.
 
I love the optimistic outlook, Adam! A+. Also, you like the Muppets? That's fantastic. Here I thought I was the only one...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?