Friday, May 06, 2005

 

Watch out for red-splotch-headed children!

I just woke up (10 minutes before the alarm, mind you) from a great dream. I was friends or relations with the president and everywhere he went, when he was off duty, these vampires would come after him, but they were totally easy to spot. There were, like, two main vampires: a man and a woman. the woman was tall and thin with glasses and long stringy hair. She looked suspiciously like one of the missionaries I know in the other side of the world. They always went after children. So all these zombie-like children were always walking up to the president. They were almost always blonde and they always had red (like candy-apple red) highlight or splotches in their hair. At the very end, they were approaching the president one by one and I couldn't lock the door...i mean, it only had one of those little chain locks that let you open the door about two inches (what do you call those?), so I couldn't keep the little red-splotched haired, zombie children out, but the president was guarded by a ton of protection and they would open fire on any little red-splotch-headed children who walked through the door. Except, I had to be outside the door because I was on door duty, and I couldn't very well stand there while they shot at little children near the door, now could i? So I kinda showed them in one at a time. And this one little girl came by and at first i didn't notice the red splotches because they were so stylishly added to her blonde little head. And she was a beautiful little girl and I told her so and she responded. That was weird because all besides the original two just kinda grunted. She had a british accent so I asked her if she from britain and she said, "I'm from heaven." And I had no CLUE what that meant, so I asked again, "No, I mean...were you born in Britain?" "No," she said with some frustration, "I'm from heaven." About that time the female leader walked up and was mad that a) i was talking to one of her spawn b) that she was talking back (that's not supposed to happen) and c) I was still alive so she started coming for me and I was screwed unless some of those secret service decided to take a glance out the door. As I started thinking of possible ways out, I got overly analytical and realized i was dreaming and woke up. I wonder what happened...?

Comments:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers dreams so vividly. I'm considering getting a journal to write them down when I wake up. I read somewhere that people who are very emotive are more likely to remember their dreams. Andy never remembered his dreams until I can along and was all emotional. I guess it can rub off:) I also do the analysing and then realize it's a dream. I've tried to stay in the dream when I do that. Sometimes I can and then I can guide the dream a little bit. Especially if it is a good dream. Nightmares are harder to control. Do you have reoccuring themes in your dreams? I have snakes in mine a lot (huge fear) and the trick is that I can't scream or be loud or the snakes will feel the vibration (and break dance...hehe) and then attack me. SO far I've been lucky and they haven't bitten me yet. I did have an "ahh cobras!" moment a la homer simpson the other night. That was scary.
 
I also have very vivid dreams that I can remember. Beth knows this.
 
I'm with Sarah on this one. Spicy meatballs=red splotches on the heads of small children?

My reoccuring theme in dreams is always toilets. Big, dirty, scary toilets that are always too high to climb up on, are always situated in a semi-circle in a dark, drippy room, and always look more like tall white barber's chairs than toilets.

My dreams are vivid and odd, too, and I remember most of them. I have also experienced your "overanalyzing and then realizing it's a dream" phenomenon. Our brains are odd things! I love em!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?