Thursday, September 04, 2008

 

Politics

It seems to me, lately, that almost everyone's opinions have been preformed. Any news article or comment on a news article about the upcoming presidential elections doesn't even try to pretend that it's not slanted toward one candidate or the other. And that would include my verbal comments. Most people who attack Joe Biden as a VP choice, or feel like Obama isn't being straight-forward enough, have already made up their minds to vote for McCain, and most people who attack Palin as a VP choice or who try to link McCain with the unpopular Bush, decided 4 years ago that they were voting democratic in this election. I try to be as objective as I can when I talk about politics, but I know that my opinions exist and they keep me from being able to look at all information with no prejudice. So, to be clear: at this point I intend to vote for McCain. And to be fair, this is the first time since I've been able to vote that I haven't felt like I was voting against someone. I have never been a big Bush fan, and I was sad back in 2000 when Bush beat out McCain in the primaries. I don't agree with McCain on every issue and I don't think that he's some sort of perfect person who will finally fix everything that's wrong in the world, but I don't really expect anyone to do that. He really does seem to me to be the kind of man who doesn't walk the party line and is willing to find places of compromise, on some issues, with people who are also working for the country's best interests. I feel like both candidates seem to be concerned about doing the right thing and helping people, but I wish that Obama would be more forth-coming about what he stands for and what he believes. Someday soon, when I get a chance, I want to read through his Blueprint for Change and think on what he means. Whoever wins, I hope that they are genuinely concerned about all of the people in this country and that whatever changes they bring about are for better.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?