Tuesday, November 27, 2007

 

Warmth

Heat is something I too often take for granted, but life has a little way of reminding me of those little things that make a huge difference when taken away. I have good reason to consider heat something that is readily available, though, having been raised mostly in sunny florida where it gets below freezing maybe 2-3 nights per year and then having spent two years in nicaragua where "below freezing" isn't part of their language. I know I lived in a house with bad heating last year...but I usually took a bathtub bath every morning...and their hot water heater worked pretty fine.

This year, as the temperature began to drop after we had been in the house for about 2 weeks, we realized that the thermostat was set to heat, but it wasn't doing anything. Like an idiot, I sat in this cold house for a week before contacting the home warranty people, and another week while I tried to figure out why no one had contacted me yet. Sunday night I finally came to my senses and bought a space heater. And she runs like a dream.

At any rate, the repairman is here right now. And we intend to have heat in this here house running all night long.

Yeah, buddy.

Comments:
you wuss, we montanans don't turn on the heat till it dips below 0.
Well, some do. I'm a wuss myself and turn it on when it dips below about 30. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?