Friday, January 12, 2007

 

A Short Update

Just under two weeks into the new year, I feel settled in and ready to get going. I moved in with an elder in my church and his family (three daughters ages 10, 9, and 7). I have much more personal space than I had last semester and as far as I can tell, it seems to be a good match. I bought a bookcase the other day from a thrift store and finally got settled in, books in place, clothes in the closet and towels in the bathroom.

It was good to go home, but it's nice to be back in Louisville and to get into the swing of things here. It's nice to live somewhere that actually experiences winter, although I'm told this is a mild one. The house has limited heating, but I'm getting used to bundling up. All these new wardrobe concepts are going to take some getting used to.

Classes will start at the end of the month and financial worries aside, I'm excited. I'm hoping to change degrees to a translation degree which I hope would focus more on linguistics. This would truly be the best of both worlds in terms of a job that I think would suit me.

My sister has a cochlear implant and processor that she's getting used to. I'm very excited about the possibilities for her being able to hear things and perhaps hear speech better.

This is a good time.

Comments:
This is a good time...

to get more Abercrombie & Fitch gift cards offers!!!!

bwahahahaha

Just wait. They will come.

If you blog it, they will come.
 
I yoinked your blog style in the previouse post, I hope you can forgive me.

P.S. Glad things are looking up and that you have your 'game face' on ::wink::
 
hello, new friend :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?