Sunday, November 12, 2006

 

Football Blog

Wow. It was a week for upsets. And boy am I upset.

Louisville's undefeated streak was broken up, Arkansas beat Tennessee, Georgia upset Auburn, Florida squeeked past S. Carolina (i'm no gator fan, but I'd rather see Spurrier lose any day of the week; this wasn't techinically an upset, but it was so close, it's worth mentioning), Arizona upset California, and Kansas State beat Texas! Wow!

I'd also like to point out that there are 5 ranked ACC teams right now: Boston College and Virginia Tech one would expect to see in this group...but alongside Georgia Tech, Maryland and WAKE FOREST? Where did the Demon Deacons come from? When was the last time they had a winning season? Seriously though. Where did FSU and Miami go? If FSU doesn't show up to play against WESTERN MICHIGAN they're going to have a <50% season. 50% is hopeful at this point. It's amazing how fast a team can go from "dynasty" to "crap." I don't know enough about the problems to blame Jeff Bowden, but he seems like an easy scapegoat. I'm just ...shocked....

EDIT: I went back to look and see that Arkansas is actually higher ranked than the Vols, but I'm just so surprised to see the razorbacks doing so well that they deserve honorable mention here as well.

Comments:
Adam, I'm with you, friend. No one out here understands my pain. I was trying to explain to my roommate why I was freaking out that Wake FOREST was beating us at ALL, much less 14-0 when I looked. I didn't look again. Honestly. What has happened to us!? I"m still a loyal Seminole, and until today at least my War Eagles were doing awesome, but what the bleep happened there, I'm not sure, it wasn't televised in Montana.
At the least, because I think the BCS is senseless, it might get their attention and have us hold an actual playoff. I also was upset to see Louisville lose. They are a sharp team. Next week is the clencher though...and I'll be darned if I don't watch OSU/Michigan and Alabama/Auburn (even though it doesn't really determine anything-I wont' miss an Iron Bowl for nothing) . Man, I love this sport. Basketball is close behind!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?