Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 

Random Updates

I don't do "adam's life updates" in blog format very often, but I'm kinda in the mood for it. I just got hired at Starbucks which is awesome. Sorta. I think that it's mostly going to be a lot of fun. Tonight, though, my big scare was when we had a coffee tasting and it tasted like "coffee" to me. I was supposed to write down my thoughts and I had none. I ended up writing "bold." I mean, I enjoyed it, i guess. I was also already a little dehydrated and so coffee didn't help things. I knew i had the oncoming of a headache. But the people who work there seem like fun. One guy who is training with me also plays ultimate frisbee on campus on tuesday. Fun times.

Labor Dabor was fun. My sister came up and I came down to New Johnsonville, TN (near Waverly for anyone who cares) to see my Aunt, Grandmother and Cousin. It's nice to see family and I got to visit the Morrisons on the way up and back. Life is grand.

Or rather, it would be grand if the post office would stop sending my packages back. I think I started existing today. I hope. *sigh*

Hardly anyone commented on the new days. It was more fun when people were offering suggestions. Announcing winners is depressing because the contest is over. Hope all the readers are doing well.

Comments:
it's good to know you actually exist.
i just got my acceptance letter to NOBTS last week.
how funny.
 
I would say that the reason Starbucks "coffee" tasted like nothing is that it is not that good..just automated and predictable and "safe..." but I won't.

I'm glad you have a good job, really. :)

Just go get real coffee from the local guys every now and then:)
 
I decided that since you made the step to post an uncommon "life update," I could break out of my typical role as lurker and actually comment for once.

Congrats on the job. And huzzah for Starbucks benefits - though as a student, you are probably well covered anyhow.

Automated, predictable, and safe, eh? The Starbucks coffee that you prepare and serve may be automated, perhaps - for I suspect that long ago you put your brain in a robot body - but not so much that the resulting cup of coffee will be predictable...or safe. After all, you are a newbie to the work, and Adam.
 
Glad to see you've re-entered the blogging world....did I tell you I'll be up at SBTS next month? Hope to see you around! And, I think working at Starbucks is the coolest thing ever.....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?