Tuesday, September 26, 2006

 

My Friend Jessica

Last monday I ran into my friend Jessica. I had seen her twice before and was pretty sure it was her, but I was in the middle of something, and she looked busy and I was a little too shy to get up and go see when she didn't seem to be recognizing me. So, i finished what I was doing and went back to where I had seen her and she was leaving about that time. I called her name and she said, "Adam?" It was the best hug I've had in a while.

I met my friend Jessica while we were in Costa Rica at the language school. I cannot say enough good things about my fellow students from that time. In fact, that year (2003) may have been one of the best years of my life. I met and became closely connected with people during my orientation that summer before I went overseas and then I met and became close with the people at language school in the fall. (I won't go into why the spring was so good, because she's married now.) I have lost contact with my friends from language school because i lost all their emails when my comp got stolen. So, this was a huge blessing. I knew Jessica was from Louisville, but I didn't think I'd ever see her at the Seminary. How random.

We went out to lunch today (lunch? i guess so..around 2:30) at a cuban restaurant and we caught up. No one else that I know can understand how happy I am about running into her. I cannot explain the connection of having shared living overseas with her and all the others. I like to think that I am quick to love people, but it is always hard when you are new to town and don't love anybody yet. I have a few friends from before that I love and a few that I am getting to know that I love, but too often I just feel alone. It's nice to have friends.

P.S. I think I'm going to go see that Braff movie tomorrow. Thoughts?

P.S.2 is better than gamecube. Just kidding.

Another friend named Jessica had her first baby today. How exciting. I am happy for them and I pray that all goes well and that they stay in health.

Comments:
I think someone my be telling you that your wardrobe needs a little improvement...

I don't know that ANF is the place to do it though.
 
YOU JERKS! I DRESS JUST FINE! STOP MAKING FUN OF THE WAY I DRESS!! JUST BECAUSE YOUR MOM STILL DRESSES YOU SO NICELY IS NO REASON TO PICK ON ME FOR DRESSING MYSELF. STOP WRITING THOSE MEAN, MEAN COMMENTS!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?