Thursday, September 14, 2006

 

I'm the King of the World!

My body lies to me. I'm leaving my first exam today and my body says "oh, I'm soo hungry...you would be able to write that paper a lot better on a full stomach." So, I agree and we come to the terms that we will 1) eat and then 2) write the paper. As soon as I'm done eating, walking to the place where I plan to write, body says..."oh...I'm so tired...you would be able to write that paper a lot better if you took a little nap." Tricksy, body...but I ain't falling for it again (instead I'm going to waste time by blogging).

All that to say: Yesterday was a great day. I took apart my iBook and put it back together with a new LCD screen that I bought off of eBay spending a total of less than $230 for what Macintosh would've charged $1000 parts and labor. My power cord that I've been without for 5 weeks (borrowed one from a very generous man for about 3 weeks) finally came in the mail. So, I started her back up and BAM. Working Computer. Anyone want to buy an iBook LCD with a big crack in it? It leaks purple!! Then I finished my book and started writing my response to it when I got a call to help someone move. I was a part of it for about 7 hours, but it was nice to get a chance to be around people that I like and am getting to know. It's good to have friends. Soundtrack of the day included REM's Nightswimming, Norah's first album and Nickel Creek's first album. We salute you.

Okay, paper due in 3 hours. Back to work

Comments:
Best of luck in finishing the paper. I hope for your sake that it's a baby one, rather than a long mamajama.

I'm sure that with a little thought, a craked LCD screen which leaks purple could become part of a kickass halloween costume. TinkyWinky, perhaps? Ok, so he's not so kickass, but you get the picture.
 
Ah there's the Adam we know and love. Procrastinating till 3 in the morning writing a stupid paper. It's not geography is it?;) We have to get up to walk to puppy anyway. Let me know and I can call you at 4am and wake you up from your 2:30am nap so you can finish:)
 
Comment blitz! Yours is last, but also, the one where I had previously, most recently, indubitably (and inaudibly) posted.
 
"In the immemorial style of young men under pressure, they decided to lie down for a while and waste time."

Chabon, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay.

Though I find apple products to be wonderful and easy to use (not to mention super-unbuggy), I find that repairing or upgrading them by yourself, cheaply, gives one a certain sense of pride and/or ninja-ness. Case in point--This week i'm giving my ipod a new battery for half of what Apple wants under their protection plan. Good on ya!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?