Wednesday, August 23, 2006

 

Political frustration

Attention Republicans and Democrats.

It has come to my attention that we are living in 2006 and elections are just over 2 years away. In case you haven't realized, out nation is absolutely polarized politically and overall, discontent. And the problem lies with you guys. There is never room for any middle ground. If you are republican and you don't think we ought to just keep doing what we're doing in Iraq, you're a traitor to the party. If you're a democrat and you don't think we ought to pull out of Iraq entirely, you're a traitor to the party. Do we really have to be so petty? Is there no room for middle ground?

So, from one voter to both major political parties: GIVE US A CANDIDATE! And I must say that as someone who is registered republican, I'm about ready to vote democrat, if the party can just offer me a decent candidate. I find myself disagreeing with the democratic party, but agreeing with most of the people who vote democrat. So, here's an idea, democrats: provide a candidate who isn't the most popular or who has the best connections, but who can be rallied around because they hold the ideals of their party members (and I don't mean the party members who are holding an office). I understand that politics is all about making friends and connections and trading favors, but do yourselves a favor, democrats: offer up a candidate who stands for american ideals. And I'm not talking about morals in the republican sense. For crying out loud, take a stand on some morals! Morals are not owned by the republican party. We need not be so polarized on every little thing. Can we focus on peace instead of war? That's moral. Can we focus on cleaning up the world? That's moral. Although, if I may say. I think that we can make compromises here. There's no need to enforce veganism on the nation, but there's got to be a safe way to drill for oil and a responsible way to cut down trees to provide for american industries that need oil and wood that also protects the environment around it. Because that's moral. Although, i must say that I'm about defending life in whatever form it comes and I always think that a right to live supercedes any other right of another person. Because I think that's moral. And I think the government has the responsibility to protect the rights of those who cannot protect themselves.

Also, Democrats, pay attention. The Grand Old Party traditionally has taken a stand on less government involvement. The current administration does not seem to hold with that. Get your federal education laws out of my state. Get your ears out of my telephone. Take notice and see if you can hold to your ideals as democrats, as liberals, and still govern less. Make a stand on the issue. It will be noticed by many who would traditionally vote republican, but only if it's a man or woman of ideals.

I've got more say, but I need to think through it first. You've still got a little time to get it together.

Oh. And by the way. I'm a Florida voter.

Comments:
Yay for political rant for something *other*! I am in agreement that there really is no one to vote for. That is also how I felt last election- "Which dummy do I choose?" There needs to be a little box that says "None of the above." I'm a registered independant as I couldn't really align myself with either major party. What if you don't want Coke or Pepsi? Where's the RC?!(I am thirsty so this analogy came to mind:) Oh, and there is this great restaurant in town that has RC and Nehi "on tap"!)
 
Oh, man. RC. I love that stuff. Anyway, Amen, Adam. Amen.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?