Monday, August 08, 2005

 

I met my old lover on the street last night...

There's not much better in the world than running into old friends with whom you've lost contact. I ran into a friend from college on IM last night with whom I hadn't spoken in a good three years, maybe even four. And we had a good conversation and reminded me of my great desire to travel and do adventurous things while I still can. So, I'm heading back to the states, and I would love to run into old friends, but if I don't any time soon, I hope that all my friends are doing fantastic, wonderful things and that they are loving who they are becoming.

Thinking about travel had me thinking about Wales. I don't know why. And Scotland. And I've decided that the only way to visit these places would be to live there for a few weeks/months. The thought of this is awesome. The reality of this is scary because it would mean either having the funds ahead of time to live in a foreign country or being able to scrap out a living in a place where I would either need a work visa (which is usually specific to job) or illegally make enough to live on. Even this doesn't scare me too much, but I would be afraid to do something like this because I know my parents would be on me all the time to stop it. I wonder how long an american can hang out in Britain without a visa? Wow, I just checked it out online...work program through BUNAC. Really cool. Check it out all you college students looking for a semester work-job in foreign lands.

Okay, I've run out of time. I'll talk more later. Maybe.

Comments:
Travelling is awesome, Jason and I are still crossing our fingers to get stationed in Okinawa Japan. Its one of those things to enjoy while your young and stupid and can still do all this stuff with out having to worry about the kids and the morgage. I have seen most fo the US and now I want to see how the rets fo the world lives.

When are you coming state side? Not that we have much hope of seeing you in NE but ::shrug::
 
yeah, come see me and beth when you get back here. or else let us know when you get back so we can come see you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?