Saturday, July 09, 2005

 

Can't you feel a brand new day?

I live for days like today. Today was a great day. I have had several pretty good days of late, but today was just a great day. In the morning, i took it a bit easy, watched a movie on my comp (see title link), chatting with several people whom I love and was able to sit around the house and get some work done on my computer with no shirt on and having not taken a shower. Mid-dayish, I did shower, ran out and took care of about 7 different errands (a practical impossibility in latin america) and was a good 30 minutes early to a dinner/meeting with my missionary team (a practical impossibilty for yours truly). The meeting went well, and I had a good idea that was well accepted by everyone including my supervisor, which doesn't happen much, so was a huge ego boost. We are going to be very busy soon, so we're in that wonderful stage of making sure we've done beforehand everything we need to do so that the four teams that come over as many weeks starting tomorrow (...er...today, as it's after midnight). This is my favorite stage. I live for planning and for making sure no detail went unnoticed.

The victory song in the Wiz is so amazing. It's a song a freedom. When I watch the workers dance and celebrate and then disrobe from the weight of their oppressor, it reminds me of the freedom I have. Victory is won! I am no longer bound by what used to hold me captive! It is a brand new day!! Can't you feel a brand new day? And I love that it is not only our heroes who dance and celebrate freedom, but also all the people who have held them down and attacked them throughout their journey. All they wanted was freedom, too. I wish my enemies could dance in freedom with me. That is really my wish.

To all my peeps in Panhandle Florida (wha?wha?), ya'll keep yaselves safe through Dennis.

Comments:
Yay for new days! I'm glad you are enjoying the deeeep south:) So you are going to be back in the states soon? Which November? This one? Do you have ideas for what you want to do when you get back? I hope I'm not being to poke-pokey. I don't think I could answer that question yet. Hope all is well!
 
I didn't know you had a blog! I just happened to stumble accross it as a link from Delias blog. Its a small world... and now you will have another faithful reader.
 
You need to post more!! I'm surprised Crystal hasn't started bugging you yet:) There are some good discussions going on right now. Check out her blog for a link to her friend's blog. Did you get the pics I emailed you?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?