Monday, July 04, 2005

 

Another day in the life...

The main reason I'm writing this post is to share a new gecko story. I got into the shower and was pulling the curtain, when I noticed small tan-colored object stuck in between the curtain and the rod. I was pulling too hard to stop at this point, and the little thing came flying toward me. May I remind you that I'm in the shower, attempting to bathe, and mention that the angle of the object's fall would not have been a convenient one for me, had the object, say, sharp teeth or claws that it intended on using to stop it's fall. I twisted around in a way that would have been pretty funny for anyone who saw it (which was only the gecko, who I think had other things on his mind) and the gecko ran into my hip and fell to the ground, barely phased and in a hurry to keep moving. I don't often laugh out loud in the shower.

Incidentally, I just got back from Guatemala, where I spent a week in meetings (and not getting over this sinus infection I have). It was good to spend time with friends there. It was also sad to realize that all of the people around my age in the region are going home in november. All but one girl who teaches at a school in Guate city. And it turns out that I really feel like november is a good time for me to go home...and start focusing on moving forward. I won't be back to Nicaragua, aside from possible trips and vacations in the future, at least as far as I can tell. It's scary and exciting.

More later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?