Tuesday, January 25, 2005

 

Grandpa pt. 2

So, I didn't go home to be with my family during this time. And I'm okay with that. I called over there several times and got to talk with just about everyone. People I haven't spoken with in years. When I spoke with my grandpa's wife, I was comforted, which felt a little like the opposite of the way things are supposed to go. She spoke calmly and was obviously very happy to have so much family around (her kids, his kids, and his former wife's kids -- it's a blessing we all get on so well). She told me that Grandpa was proud of me. I don't know why she told me that, but I'm glad she did. I didn't know he was proud of me. One of his daughters, with whom I have not spoken in several years, told me that he was so proud of what i was doing. I didn't know he talked about me. His wife said that his eyes got teary sometimes when i sent in updates. I didn't know that. His pastor and his wife feel that he was right with God. I hope so. And I don't mean that in a negative sense, as in that I hope one way but feel sure that the opposite is true. I mean, I have hope that he had, indeed, made peace with God. May the 13 or so extra years of life given to you as a gift, grandpa, may they have been used to draw you to the Father and may you find your peace now with him.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?