Tuesday, December 21, 2004

 

Failure

I don't know if it's just me or if it's a male ego thing or if it's an everyone kind of thing, but sometimes when I go out to get something done and fail, even if the reason for failure is that the office is closed until after new year's, it makes me feel like I am worthless. I don't think I'm alone in this. It seems, at least in a man, that if he can't go out and accomplish the task he set out to do, he is less of a man for it or something. For me, today, I had about four things I needed to get done. With the first one, I was more than a conquerer. I went to go get a couple of maps from teh tourist place and they had all kinds of good stuff they were offering me that i didn't expect to find (Nicaragua in general for whatever reason, doesn't seem to share my love of maps). The second thing, sitting down and talking with a pastor, went kinda mediocre...but that was mostly due to my real lack of knowing what I was supposed to be talking with him about. [By the way, I like my prepositions to live the way I do, dangling on the edge] The last two things I was supposed to take care of today were unaccomplishable because the two offices I needed information from were closed til after the holidays. It was funny to me the way I felt like I was worthless as I walked back to my truck knowing that I couldn't get these two things done. Maybe most of it was a frustration that I did everything I was supposed to do, but I still had to go do it again. And then I came home and watched my LOTR:ROTK Extended Edition appendices..or rather, the two or three I hadn't watched yet and then I couldn't watch any more...and suddenly something was missing. I have been waiting so long for it to come out...and after seeing all the documentaries...I was kind of let down. There is was. That was it. Of course, I still haven't seen the actual FILM, because I agreed to watch it with some friends tomorrow night (and really, isn't it better to watch these kinds of things with friends?), so I suppose I still have that to look forward to...ah well. On with a night full of calling home and working on a spreadsheet. Yay!

Comments:
Wow. prepositions dangling on the edge. You're a mess, adam.
I'm back in FL...and I'll get to you about the book as soon as I read it!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?