Tuesday, December 21, 2004

 
3rd entry in one day, I know...but I promise I won't do this often.

I was just wondering why some people want happy endings and some people want bittersweet endings. I've always been one for bittersweet and I've considered myself pretty cynical. I guess I felt that "happily ever after" endings were just too unrealistic. But Tolkien didn't. Well, sort of. But (and now I'm calling movie quotes Tolkien...i guess i should be checking the book to see if they talk about it) it's like when Frodo is telling Sam that he has to believe that Gollum will turn out okay, because believing in happy endings, especially when you're in the pit, is the only way you'll ever have one. My mom always prefered happy endings. She liked Return of the Jedi. I always like Empire Strikes Back. I liked the tension. Tension felt real to me. And maybe that's the reason I can't find a girl...maybe I just don't believe I can have a happy ending.

Comments:
Oh and by the way to your last post, failure like that is not just a male thing, I feel the same way if I am unable to get done what needs to get done. I feel incomplete and like I'm supposed to be tense and aware that I have "undone things" and not enjoy anything until those things are done. Wierd how we're like that.

I don't think you have to believe in happy endings to get one. In fact, if you're not looking for one, you may get one! I was not looking for and did not want a boy, and I got one. Not to brag-i'm just saying that's what happened to me. I know you will find a girl, Adam, and like Steve found me (you two are similar in a lot of ways) you will find a girl who can talk to you about all this stuff AND that you can kiss! and hug! It's the best of both worlds, something I didn't think was possible. There's no doubt you need a very intelligent girl, a very real girl. She'll show up! No worries :) See ya! MERRY CHRISTMAS
 
Hmmm...from what I hear from my married friends there's plenty of tension to go with the happy ending. :) Maybe you could get the best of both worlds.

Marci
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?